Sunday, January 7, 2007

Long Plane Ride




We boarded in Los Angeles at about 2 pm. The plane ride was long, almost 20 hours of travel. I watch about 6 movies and Anja read and made jewelry on the flight from LAX to Taipai. We sat next to a nice guy name Paul who was thai and also headed to Bangkok. We landed in Taipia at about 5 am with a 1.5 hour layover. When we boarded in Taipai we both took 2 Dramamine and went to sleep on the plane, luckily it was pretty empty so we had three seats to ourself. We landed in Bangkok at 1 am there time about 10 am LA time. We went through customs and went to look for how to get to the hotel I had booked. Since there is a new airport in Bangkok I wasn't sure where to book, I guess I was wrong and my hotel was off somewhere weird, our taxi driver didn't even know were it was. Since I hadn't given them info we just asked him to take us somewhere good and cheap. He was very amused when Anja said something like "cheap, one bed". So here we are at "Nice Palace72/54 Soi Inthamara 1/1 sutthisan rd, Bangkok. We got so sleep and are going to head out to look around Bangkok.



1 comment:

pressOn said...

Photo of Nice Palace room taken by unknown travelers.

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1a1b71/